How to Get Relief from Itchy Eyes?
Any contact with pollen, dust, feathers, makeup or contact Lenses, etc. causes an inflammatory condition in your eyes. Because of the recent culture of work from home, there has been an increased use, abuse, overuse, and misuse of your eyes.
These conditions increase the inflammation in your eyes. This inflamed eye is called as an allergic eye which is also the leading cause of itchy eyes.
All these conditions result in Redness, Irritation, Watering and burning sensations in your eyes along with swollen eyelids. Allergies in any form release histamine that causes these symptoms.
To reduce the itching of your eyes, the main treatment still remains to shrink the swollen blood vessels in your eye, and thus reduce the congestion and inflammation of your eye.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you must visit the best eye specialist in Mumbai. He might prescribe the correct treatment for your condition. Depending on the severity of your eye allergy – your doctor will prescribe an antihistaminic eye drop. In case of severe cases, the doctor might even start you on steroid eye drops.
Here are some tips that will help you reduce your eyes from itching and watering:
- Reduce your contact lens usage and maintain proper hygiene.
- Allergens and bacteria can stick to your lenses. Thus, in order to allow your eyes to breathe and maintain proper hygiene, make sure you do not overuse your lenses for more than 8 hours every day and clean them properly every night.
- Reduce your screen time to prevent dryness.
- Increased use of the screen (TV Screen / Laptops / Computers / Smartphones) increases the evaporation of the tear film in your eyes which leads to dryness and discomfort.
- If you are having itchy eyes, do not put any eye make up.
- The debris of your eye makeup can enter your eye and lead to more severe symptoms and more discomfort in your eyes.
- Do not sit directly in front of the AC.
- The blast of the AC air also leads to eye dryness that causes itching of your eyes.
- Wash your Bed cover frequently.
- Your pillow cover and bedsheets are the main source of infection. Allergens and bacterias can house over there for days and cause problems in your eyes.
- Wear your sunglasses when you step outside.
- Your glasses will act as a barrier and block some of the irritants and allergens from getting into your eyes.
- Hot and cold compresses can help you with itchy eyes
- This reduces inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in and around the eyes which reduces itching.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Rubbing your eyes forcefully can be extremely damaging. It can accidentally scratch the cornea of your eye, causing more problems than solving them.
- Do not self-medicate.
- Visit an eye doctor at the earliest.
- In case the symptoms don’t improve or you develop severe pain or vision loss, it is recommended to visit an eye specialist doctor at the earliest.
In this day and age, it is difficult to make severe lifestyle changes to reduce one’s dependency on the use of screen time. However, one can be mindful of the same and start with making small changes in their daily routine.
Our Sparkle Kit has the perfect solution for your ongoing problems of dryness, itchiness, redness, or even watering. Register now and order your kit to get back the sparkle in your eyes!