FLACS, or Femto Laser-Assisted Cataract surgery, is a new upgrade for treating cataract eye patients. Femto laser treatment is performed under the world-renowned ophthalmic surgeon Dr. Himanshu Mehta and the well-trained surgeons of Vision eyes center, who are skilled with the latest developments in eye surgeries and ophthalmology.
Before understanding the benefits of the newly introduced femtosecond laser cataract surgery for eyes, let us learn the condition when femtosecond laser cataract surgery is suggested -
Firstly, when a person reaches the age of 40, the proteins in the eye start to break down. After which, by reaching the age of 60, the person may experience a certain clouding in the lenses. However, there are no other symptoms observed in the early stages.
There are no eye drops or medication as an alternative to this condition. There is a need to replace cloudy lenses with artificial lenses. And so, a femtosecond laser cataract surgery is suggested.
Here are reasons why patients prefer a femtosecond laser cataract surgery over a normal laser cataract-
- Simplicity - the Femtosecond laser surgery process is potent to eliminate several steps in the cataract surgery procedure, does minimal or no damage, and smoothly removes the cataract from the eyes.
- Minimal damage – Normally, the process of performing a laser cataract is performed through a blade. But, femtosecond laser surgery has the application of advanced methods that are painless.
- Fewer complications – It has been proven that femto laser treatment for the eye has more precision which minimizes the damage to the eye. There are fewer complications, and patients recover quickly after the surgery.
In comparison to the other traditional methods of ophthalmic laser surgery for cataracts, a femtosecond laser causes 106 times less collateral damage.
- Innovative - Another benefit of a femto laser treatment for the eye is that it offers uniformity and innovation.
Femto laser treatment for the eye is different from conventional methods as it does not involve cutting it with a blade. Rather, it is done by breaking apart the targeted tissue at the molecular level. The best thing about femtosecond laser cataract surgery is that it uses less ultrasound energy during the removal of the cataract.
- Faster recovery – The energy needed for emulsification during the femtosecond laser cataract surgery is less in comparison to conventional surgery. So, visual recovery is quicker with femtosecond laser surgery.
After the completion of the surgery, patients can go home and resume their daily work. Highly skilled surgeons and a friendly environment at Vission eye clinic make it easier for patients and help them to recover quickly.
If you are looking for accurate eye surgery, Dr. Himanshu Mehta is a world-renowned optical surgeon who has an extensive experience of more than 30 years.
All our surgeons trained under Dr. Himanshu are well aware of the latest techniques for laser cataract surgery. The extensive experience of Dr. Himanshu and the team of experts at Vission Eye Clinic provide the utmost care to the patients. We at Vission Eyes are always at the forefront of corrective eye surgery innovations to ensure that our patients get the best treatment possible besides proper care and support.